Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys
There are more 100,000 lawyers in the state of Florida, and the number is growing every year. Here in Tampa, lawyers from as far away as Orlando and all over south Florida have been advertising for your business in the bay area. In contrast, the law firm of Barbas, Nuñez, Sanders, Butler & Hovsepian has been here in Tampa since 1989, and we are not going anywhere. Several of our Tampa personal injury attorneys are Tampa natives who were born and raised here. We know the area. We know the people. We are here to serve you now and into the future.
As a firm, our Tampa personal injury attorneys and staff have enjoyed a long period of longevity together, so that our firm is more like a family than a law office. Our Tampa injury attorneys meet with you personally and treat you like family as well. Stop by our offices in Tampa, Palm Harbor or Land O’Lakes to see what we mean. You will find a friendly and inviting atmosphere to discuss your legal needs. We handle the following personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Slip & Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Products
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Premises Liability Cases (Slip-Fall)
Tampa (like other areas of the Sunshine State) can be a great place to visit or reside. It can also be dangerous. In an instant, you can slip on a wet walkway or trip over an object on the floor. A careless or negligent waiter or waitress may spill hot liquid on you at a restaurant, causing severe burn injuries. Or a neighborhood dog may escape its confines and attack you, causing serious and disfiguring injuries. Or still a careless pedestrian or bicyclist may run into you and, in doing so, cause you to suffer significant pain and damage.
Where you have suffered a personal injury because of the careless or reckless actions of another, you may be entitled to recover compensation through a Florida lawsuit. The Tampa personal injury attorneys of Barbas Nuñez Sanders Butler & Hovsepian can help you obtain the monetary damages you need to handle the expenses you suffered as a result of your injury.
Compensation is Available After a Florida Personal Injury Accident
Beyond the immediate pain and medical expenses of a personal injury accident, a victim may also suffer other losses and costs such as:
- Ongoing medical treatment or therapy costs;
- Lost wages due to time missed from work;
- Pain and mental suffering;
- Reconstructive surgery costs;
- Lost future earnings if you are unable to return to your previous job or are completely disabled; and
- Other losses and expenses you suffered in your accident.
It is important to have an experienced personal injury attorney investigate the facts and circumstances of your case. If you choose an inexperienced lawyer – or choose to represent yourself – you may fail to discover all the compensation to which you are entitled. If you fail to identify all parties responsible for causing your injuries, you may be unable to recover the full amount of damages you need to make you financially whole.
How Do I Win My Personal Injury Lawsuit?
An injury victim (the “plaintiff”) can bring a lawsuit against another person (the “defendant”) whenever it is alleged that the defendant’s careless or reckless behavior caused the plaintiff’s injuries. The plaintiff is responsible for proving the following four facts by a preponderance of the evidence – in other words, the plaintiff must show that the following four facts are more likely than not true:
- The defendant had an obligation to act in a certain way. This is known as the “duty of care.” Every person owes every other person a legal responsibility to act in a reasonably careful manner. In some personal injury cases, the defendant may owe the injury victim additional obligations.
- The defendant failed to fulfill his or her obligation to act in a certain manner. In most cases, the plaintiff will be able to show this by showing the defendant acted in a careless or reckless manner. The defendant’s behavior must be such that a reasonable person of a similar age, background, and experience as the defendant would not have engaged in that behavior.
- The defendant’s careless or reckless behavior is the cause of the defendant’s injuries. The defendant’s actions must be responsible for causing the plaintiff’s injuries. The defendant’s actions do not need to be the only cause or even the predominate cause of the plaintiff’s injuries. Not only this, but the plaintiff him- or herself can be found to be partially responsible for causing his or her own injuries. So long as a defendant is at least one percent responsible for the plaintiff’s injuries, the defendant may owe compensation to the plaintiff.
- The plaintiff can be “made whole” through monetary damages. The objective of a personal injury lawsuit is to award an injured plaintiff monetary damages sufficient to enable him or her to be “made whole.” An injured plaintiff can be awarded:
- Compensatory damages that compensate the plaintiff for the expenses and losses that he or she had to bear;
- Future damages for any losses that the plaintiff can reasonably be expected to bear in the future (such as ongoing treatment costs); and/or
- Punitive damages, designed to punish a defendant who acts in a reckless or deliberate manner. These damages do not compensate the plaintiff for any loss but are rather intended to “teach the defendant a lesson.”
These factual propositions can be proved through a variety of evidence and testimony. Your Tampa personal injury attorney will need to analyze your case before determining what evidence and testimony he or she has available to help you prove your case. He or she may use:
- Eyewitness testimony from you and other people who observed the accident happen;
- Expert witnesses who can “reconstruct” how the accident occurred and opine as to whether the defendant’s actions were careless or reckless;
- Photographs of the accident scene and/or your injuries;
- Diagrams prepared by law enforcement officers, investigators, or others who observed the scene of the accident firsthand;
- Notes, letters, e-mails, and certain other communications to or from the defendant concerning the accident;
- Evidence of prior similar accidents involving the defendant; and/or
- Other relevant evidence.
Admitting testimony and evidence requires the skills and knowledge of an experienced personal injury litigation attorney.
Barbas Nuñez Sanders Butler & Hovsepian is Your Tampa Personal Injury Firm
We have over 30 years of experience and over 65 years of combined legal experience in helping Florida residents injured in personal injury accidents recover the compensation they need. We partner with our clients to ensure that their needs and concerns about their case are promptly and properly addressed. We assist our clients through all stages of their personal injury case, from initial gathering of evidence and any settlement talks that may occur through the presentation of their case at trial. Our goal is obtaining the maximum amount of compensation possible for our injury clients.
It is important that you act swiftly after being injured in a personal injury accident in order to protect your legal rights. Contact Barbas Nuñez Sanders Butler & Hovsepian, Tampa personal injury attorneys, at 1-800-BARBAS-LAW for experienced, dedicated, and personalized assistance.
Answering All Tampa Personal Injury
When you are faced with legal challenges or difficulties, you want a practiced and resourceful legal team on your side. You want Barbas Nuñez Sanders Butler & Hovsepian, your Tampa civil and criminal defense law firm. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with timely and accurate legal advice so that your matter can be resolved as quickly as possible while still accomplishing your goals and objectives.
Assistance For All of Your Legal Concerns and Questions
Our legal team has decades of combined legal experience helping Florida residents with a variety of legal matters, such as:
- Personal Injury: Have you been injured in an accident caused by the careless or reckless conduct of another? You may be entitled to compensation to help you pay for your expenses and losses after the accident. Do not make the mistake of thinking that your injury incident is “clear cut” or that you do not need legal assistance – if you proceed with your case alone, you can end up waiving important legal rights and jeopardizing your compensation award. We can assist you in investigating your accident, identifying the responsible parties, and presenting your case powerfully and persuasively to help you get the monetary damages you need.
- Workers’ Compensation: When you are injured on the job, Florida laws provide you with certain rights to compensation. These laws are designed to protect you – the worker – from worrying about how you will pay for treatment after a work-related injury or wondering how you will make ends meet if you are unable to work. This does not mean that your employer and its workers’ compensation insurer cannot challenge your claims for workers’ compensation benefits. Retaining the services of our veteran workers’ compensation lawyers will help you obtain the benefits you need quickly.
- Estate Planning: Thinking about death is never a pleasant experience. However, by planning now for how you want your affairs and assets handled after your death you can avoid causing undue confusion and hostility amongst your heirs and beneficiaries and ensure your affairs are handled the way you would want them handled. After consulting with one of our experienced estate planning attorneys, we will craft the legal documents necessary to ensure your final wishes are respected and your beneficiaries and heirs are clear concerning how your estate should be administered.
- Criminal Defense: When you are charged with a criminal offense in Florida, your assets, money, and even your freedom are at risk. Some attorneys try to convince their clients to accept a plea agreement with the state prosecutors as soon as possible. We, however, prefer to conduct a thorough evaluation of the government’s case against you before advising you as to the best course of action. We fight aggressively to protect your freedom and property as well as your good name and reputation. Contact our Tampa criminal defense attorneys.
Tampa Estate Planning, Probate & Securities Litigation
At Barbas, Nuñez, Sanders, Butler & Hovsepian, we are here for practically all of your legal needs. We represent people who have been seriously injured due to the negligence or misconduct of another, as well as families of those who have lost their lives as a result. Our estate planning practice extends from drafting wills and trusts to guiding estates through probate administration. We represent parties in the full range of labor and employment matters, and we help to resolve broker-dealer disputes and other securities litigation. Our firm is even approved by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to handle compensation claims under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program for children who are injured by childhood vaccinations. In fact, we are currently one of only two Tampa firms and one of only nine in Florida statewide with authorized VICP vaccine attorneys.
Contact Our Experienced Tampa Injury Law Firm
At Barbas, Nuñez, Sanders, Butler & Hovsepian, you will receive advice and representation from a team of experienced attorneys including lawyers who are Certified Specialists in their area by The Florida Bar; AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest levels of ethics and legal ability; members of Super Lawyers and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Our record of results speaks for itself, but please take a moment to browse our website if you need more information about our attorneys or our areas of practice. If you need to speak with an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney, please call (800) BARBAS-LAW, or contact us online to arrange a consultation with one of our dedicated and experienced lawyers. We look forward to hearing from you and helping your with your legal needs.