Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu

I was injured at work and my employer will not send me to the doctor, what should I do now?

If you were injured at work, and your employer had more than four (4) employees on the date of the accident, you must report the injury to him or her and request a Notice of Injury or First Report of Injury be completed. An injury must be reported to your employer within thirty (30) days.

If your employer refuses to provide you the appropriate workers’ compensation forms, then you must provide him, in writing, notice of your injury within thirty (30) days of it occurring.

It is suggested that you provide him a certified letter advising your employer of the injury and requesting medical care so that you can have proof that it was received by the employer. It is also advisable that you have the employer sign that they have received your request. If not, it is imperative that you seek out counsel within thirty (30) days of your injury date so that the employer can be properly placed on notice of your injury and accident.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation