Choosing a Law Firm for Your Car Accident in Tampa, Florida
When you’ve been involved in a car accident in Tampa or any other Florida city, it can be an extremely confusing and stressful time. Finding a personal injury lawyer to represent you shouldn’t add to this confusion. The right lawyer will help you navigate through the experience so you can focus on recovery rather than fighting for fair treatment.
While there are many subjective and objective ways to “judge” a lawyer, here are five of the top methods to help choose a law firm for your car accident:
- Choose an lawyer in the area – A Tampa personal injury lawyer has better knowledge of the streets on which your accident occurred and also of the local officials and processes than an out-of-city or out-of-state lawyer. For example, they may know that the stretch of road your accident occurred on has a high rate of crashes, which could impact who is at fault and how much of the crash they are responsible for.
- Look for experience – While it may be tempting to hire a less experienced lawyer due to rock-bottom rates or to make the decision based on who buys the most billboards, the final cost could end up being much higher if that lawyer fails to effectively argue for adequate compensation. A qualified lawyer understands the particulars of car accident compensation, the amounts typically awarded for different situations, and the ways to work with insurance companies for maximum effect, and can help you get the maximum settlement possible.
- Testimonials – Ask if the firm has any previous clients who would be willing to speak with you about their experience, or if they have a record of testimonials that you can look at. Working with a car accident lawyer can be a very personal experience, and these opinions can help you understand the lawyer in a way that data can’t.
- Look at their track record – Ask the law firm for examples of their previous work, especially ones that are similar to your case. If they have been successful in the past with settlements, then chances are they will be able to help you effectively too.
- Consider professional ratings – In addition to getting the opinion of former clients, look to the firm’s professional reputation. For example, the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory rates lawyers of all types and can serve as a reliable tool in evaluating your potential lawyer.
These are just five ways to help choose your personal injury lawyer in Tampa. Every person has different criteria for evaluating an lawyer, and you’ll have to decide which factors are most important to you so you can choose the lawyer who best fits what you’re looking for.